|Book Name:||Why Startups Fail: A New Roadmap for Entrepreneurial Success|
Free Download Why Startups Fail: A New Roadmap for Entrepreneurial Success Epub Book
If you want your new business to be successful, you need to know why most startups fail.
“Why Startups Fail is a must-read if you’re a first-time founder or want to bring innovation into a corporate setting.”
Eric Ries, founder and CEO of LTSE and best-selling author of The Lean Startup and The Startup Way on the New York Times list, says:
Why do new businesses fail? Tom Eisenmann, a professor at Harvard Business School, was surprised when he couldn’t answer that question.
So, he started a project that would take years to finish. In Why Startups Fail, Eisenmann writes about what he has found: six clear patterns that make up the vast majority of failed startups.
• Bad Bedfellows. People think that a startup’s success depends a lot on the skills and instincts of its founder. But a business can fail just as quickly with the wrong team, investors, or partners.
• False Starts. Founders risk wasting time and money on the wrong solutions if they follow the standard advice to “fail fast” and “launch before you’re ready.”
• False Promises. Early adopter success can be deceiving and give founders too much confidence to grow.
• Roadblocks. Even though there is pressure to “get big fast,” even the most profitable businesses can fail if they grow too fast.
• Need Help. Startups that proliferate need a lot of money and people, but if they make mistakes, they can suddenly run out of both.
• Cascading Miracles. Entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley are told to dream big. But the more ambitious the plan, the more things can go wrong.
From a home-furniture store to a concierge dog-walking service, from a dating app to the creator of a sophisticated social robot, from a fashion brand to a startup deploying a vast network of charging stations for electric vehicles, Eisenmann tells exciting stories of ventures that didn’t live up to their early promise. He also gives frameworks for spotting when an experience is vulnerable to these patterns and a lot of strategies and tactics for avoiding them.
Why Startups Fail is a must-read for founders at any stage of their entrepreneurial journey. It’s a guide to avoiding failure and a map to success.
Download Why Startups Fail: A New Roadmap for Entrepreneurial Success Epub
Author(s): Tom Eisenmann
Publisher: Currency, Year: 2021