|Book Name:||The Manager’s Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change|
|Category:||Product Management Books|
Free Download The Manager’s Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change PDF Book
People management is difficult wherever you operate. In the tech industry, however, where management is also a technical discipline, the learning curve can be particularly steep, especially when few tools, texts, and frameworks are available to assist you. In this practical guide, author Camille Fournier (formerly a tech lead and now a CTO) walks you through each step of the transition from engineer to technical manager.
From mentoring trainees to working with senior staff, you will receive actionable guidance for overcoming a variety of obstacles. This book is optimal if you are a new manager, a mentor, or an experienced leader seeking new advice. This book will teach you how to become a more effective manager and leader in your organization.
- Start by examining your expectations of a manager.
- Comprehend the requirements for being a good mentor and a good tech director.
- Learn how to manage individual team members while maintaining team-wide focus.
- Learn how to manage yourself and avoid the common pitfalls that many executives face.
- Learn how to manage multiple teams and managers
- Learn how to construct and seed a cohesive team culture.
Download The Manager’s Path: A Guide for Tech Leaders Navigating Growth and Change PDF
Author(s): Camille Fournier
Publisher: O’Reilly Media, Year: 2017