Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters By Rick Riordan
The Sea of Monsters is an American fantasy-adventure novel based on Greek mythology written by Rick Riordan and published in 2006. It is the second novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series and the sequel to The Lightning Thief.
Percy Jackson and his friends undertake a perilous voyage to save their summer camp in this modern-day adventure with a Greek mythology twist.
- New York Times best-selling series by an author beloved the world over
- Makes Greek mythology relevant and fun for modern readers
- Useful for classroom discussions
- Features a main character with learning differences
- An exciting adventure quest full of monsters and gods
- Ideal for middle schoolers but can be enjoyed by older readers, too
- Adapted into a feature film
- Soon to be a series on Disney+
After a summer spent trying to prevent a catastrophic war among the Greek gods, Percy Jackson finds his seventh-grade school year unnervingly quiet. His biggest problem is dealing with his new friend, Tyson―a six-foot-three, mentally challenged homeless kid who follows Percy everywhere, making it hard for Percy to have any “normal” friends.
But things don’t stay quiet for long. Percy soon discovers there is trouble at Camp Half-Blood: the magical borders that protect Half-Blood Hill have been poisoned by a mysterious enemy, and the only safe haven for demigods is on the verge of being overrun by mythological monsters.
To save the camp, Percy needs the help of his best friend, Grover, who has been taken prisoner by the Cyclops Polyphemus on an island somewhere in the Sea of Monsters, the dangerous waters Greek heroes have sailed for millennia―only today, the Sea of Monsters goes by a new name…the Bermuda Triangle.
The Sea of Monsters ePUB
Author(s): Rick Riordan
Series: Percy Jackson and the Olympians volume 2
Publisher: Miramax Books/Hyperion Books for Children, Year: 2009