[PDF] Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines By Richard Stone
Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines By Richard Stone – remains the most comprehensive text for students beginning thermodynamics courses, as well as those taking specialist subjects. With the addition of new material including fuel chemistry, additive performance and variable geometry turbocharging, the book provides an indispensable introduction to students and professionals needing to familiarize themselves with internal combustion engines.
Book remains the indispensable text to guide you through automotive or mechanical engineering, both at university and beyond. Thoroughly updated, clear, comprehensive and well-illustrated, with a wealth of worked examples and problems, its combination of theory and applied practice is sure to help you understand internal combustion engines, from thermodynamics and combustion to fluid mechanics and materials science.
Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines By Richard Stone
The most comprehensive, truly introductory text on internal combustion engines. A valuable reference for students studying the internal combustion engine and for engineers needing a practical overview of the subject, this third edition includes new material covering fuel chemistry, additive performance and variable geometry turbocharging.
Book Introduction :
Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines, now in its third edition, remains the most comprehensive text for undergraduate students of mechanical or automotive engineering, as well as those taking specialist subjects.
With the addition of new material including fuel chemistry, additive performance and variable geometry turbocharging, the book fulfils the requirements of students and professionals needing a concise introduction to internal combustion engines. It is an indispensable guide to a subject which draws on many areas of engineering: thermodynamics and combustion, fluid mechanics and heat transfer mechanics, stress analysis, materials science, electronics and engineering.
– Containing many new problems as well as a separate Solutions Manual.
– A substantial new Appendix of thermodynamic tables for combustion calculations.
– Additional sections covering new spark ignition technologies, diesel common rail fuel injection equipment and emissions reduction technology.
– New case study based on the Rover K series engine.
Introduction to Subject Internal Combustion Engines:
– Is ideal for students who are following specialist options in internal combustion engines, and also for students at earlier stages in their courses – especially with regard to laboratory work
– Will be useful to practising engineers for an overview of the subject, or when they are working on particular aspects of internal combustion engines that are new to them
– Is fully updated including new material on direct injection spark engines, supercharging and renewable fuels
– Offers a wealth of worked examples and end-of-chapter questions to test your knowledge
Combustion and fuels
Spark Ignition Engines
Compression Ignition Engines
Induction and Exhaust Processes
In-cylinder Motion and Turbulent Combustion
Mechanical Design Considerations
Heat Transfer in Internal Combustion Engines
Download also Internal Combustion Engine by RK Rajput PDF
Buy PaperBook from Amazon:Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines
Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines PDF
Author(s): Richard Stone
Publisher: SAE Intern. / Macmillan Press, Year: 2012