[PDF] Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction
Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction
Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction has quickly established itself, in its first two years, as the standard text for students taking the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Safety and Health.
It is also of great value to those working in the construction industry at all levels, particularly construction site managers and foremen.
As it has become a significant work of reference for managers with health and safety responsibilities, it is a matter of prime importance that it should be kept up to date, as far as is possible, with new legislation and recent developments.
There has been concern for some time at the poor record of health and safety in the construction industry and although performance has got better over recent years, there is still room for improvement.
The legal health and safety requirements for all places of work are numerous and complex; it is the intention of the authors to offer an introduction to the subject for all those-
who have the maintenance of good health and safety standards as part of their employment duties or those who are considering the possibility of a career as a health and safety professional.
Health and safety is well recognized as an important component of the activities of any organization, not only because of the importance of protecting people from harm but also because of the growth in the direct and indirect costs of accidents.
These costs have increased more dramatically than the rate of retail price inflation by a considerable amount in the last few years as the number of civil claims and awards have risen each year.
Table Of Content:
- HEALTH AND SAFETY FOUNDATIONS
- ORGANIZING FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY
- PROMOTING A POSITIVE HEALTH AND SAFETY CULTURE
- RISK ASSESSMENT
- PRINCIPLES OF CONTROL
- GENERAL SITE ISSUES – HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- WORKING AT HEIGHT – HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- EXCAVATION WORK AND CONFINED SPACES – HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- DEMOLITION – HAZARDS AND CONTROL MOVEMENT OF
- WORK EQUIPMENT HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- MANUAL AND MECHANICAL HANDLING HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- ELECTRICAL HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- FIRE HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL HEALTH HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL HEALTH HAZARDS AND CONTROL
- INCIDENT INVESTIGATION, RECORDING AND REPORTING
- MONITORING REVIEW AND AUDIT
- SUMMARY OF THE MAIN LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
- STUDY SKILLS
Free PDF Book : Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction
Introduction to Health and Safety in Construction: for the NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety PDF
Author(s): Phil Hughes, Ed Ferrett