Heat and Mass Transfer (S.Chand) By R K Rajput
Heat and Mass Transfer (S.Chand) is Gtu Reference book for B.tech Mechanical Branch Students in Engineering Third Year by R K Rajput.
“Hear and Mass Transfer” is a comprehensive textbook for the students of Mechanical Engineering and a must-buy for the aspirants of different entrance examinations including GATE and UPSC.
Divided into 4 parts, the book delves into the subject beginning from Basic Concepts and goes on to discuss Heat Transfer (by Convection and Radiation) and Mass Transfer. The book also becomes useful as a question bank for students as it offers university as well as entrance exam questions with solutions.
- Introductory chapter explains all basic theories of the subject followed by 12 succinctly written chapters which encompass all basic concepts.
- Close to 1000 examples, figures, tables and chapter-end highlights aid to the concepts explained.
- Close to 800 chapter-end questions, University Questions, GATE & UPSC Examination Questions and Laboratory Experiments for practice.
Table of Content :
- Basic Concepts
- PART-I: Heat Transfer by Conduction
- Conduction – Steady-State One Dimension
- Conduction – Steady-State Two Dimensions and Three Dimensions
- Conduction – Unsteady-state (Transient)
- PART-II: Heat Transfer By Convection
- Introduction To Hydrodynamics
- Dimensional Analysis
- Forced Convection
- A. Laminar Flow
- B. Turbulent Flow
- Free Convection
- Boiling and Condensation
- Heat Exchangers
- PART-III: Heat Transfer By Radiation
- Thermal Radiation – Basic Relations
- Radiation Exchange Between Surfaces
- PART-IV: Mass Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Universities’ Questions with Answers/Solutions (Latest-Selected)
- GATE and UPSC Examinations’ Questions with Answers/Solutions (Latest-Selected)