|Book Name:||Electric Motors and Control Systems by Frank D. Petruzella|
|Book Details :|
Electric Motors and Control Systems by Frank D. Petruzella
Electric Motors and Control Systems by Frank D. Petruzella | PDF Free Download.
Electric Motors and Control Systems Contents
- Chapter 1 Safety in the Workplace
- Chapter 2 Understanding Electrical Drawings
- Chapter 3 Motor Transformers and Distribution Systems
- Chapter 4 Motor Control Devices
- Chapter 5 Electric Motors
- Chapter 6 Contactors and Motor Starters
- Chapter 7 Relays
- Chapter 8 Motor Control Circuits
- Chapter 10 Adjustable-Speed Drives and PLC Installations
- Chapter 9 Motor Control Electronics
Preface to Electric Motors and Control Systems PDF
This book has been written for a course of study that will introduce the reader to a broad range of motor types and control systems. It provides an overview of electric motor operation, selection, installation, control, and maintenance.
Every effort has been made to present the most up-to-date information, reflecting the current needs of the industry.
The broad-based approach taken makes this text viable for a variety of motor and control system courses. Content is suitable for colleges, technical institutions, and vocational/technical schools as well as apprenticeship and journeymen training.
Electrical apprentices and journeymen will find this book to be invaluable because of National Electrical Code references as well as information on maintenance and troubleshooting techniques.
Personnel involved in motor maintenance and repair will find the book to be a useful reference text. The text is comprehensive! It includes coverage of how motors operate in conjunction with their associated control circuitry. Both older and newer motor technologies are examined.
Topics covered range from motor types and controls to installing and maintaining conventional controllers, electronic motor drives, and programmable logic controllers.
Features you will find unique to these motors and controls text include:
Self-Contained Chapters. Each chapter constitutes a complete and independent unit of study. All chapters are divided into parts designed to serve as individual lessons. Instructors can easily pick and choose chapters or parts of chapters that meet their particular curriculum needs.
How Circuits Operate. When understanding the operation of a circuit is called for, a bulleted list is used to summarize its operation. The lists are used in place of paragraphs and are especially helpful for explaining the sequenced steps of a motor control operation.
Integration of Diagrams and Photos. When the operation of a piece of equipment is illustrated by means of a diagram, a photo of the device is included. This feature is designed to increase the level of recognition of devices associated with motor and control systems.
Troubleshooting Scenarios. Troubleshooting is an important element of any motors and controls course. The chapter troubleshooting scenarios are designed to help students with the aid of the instructor to develop a systematic approach to troubleshooting.
Discussion and Critical Thinking Questions. These open-ended questions are designed to give students an opportunity to reflect on the material covered in the chapter. In most cases, they allow for a wide range of responses and provide an opportunity for the student to share more than just facts.
The second edition has been revised to include the following:
- Key concepts and terms, which are now highlighted the first time they appear.
- New/updated photos and line art for every chapter.
- Expanded the use of bulleted lists for lengthy explanations.
- Additional review questions for new topics.
- Additional end of chapter Troubleshooting Scenarios with suggested solutions.
- Additional end of chapter Discussion topics with suggested talking points.
- Updated PowerPoint slides for instructors.
The following content has been added to the chapters listed below:
– Arc flash hazards.
– DC motor applications.
– Reverse phase relay operation.
– Transformer power losses.
– Transformer performance.
– Current and potential transformer connections.
– Pushbutton assembly.
– Ultrasonic wind sensors.
– Double-break and dry contacts.
– Stepper motor operation.
– AC and DC generators.
– Industrial motor applications.
– Asynchronous motor.
– Instruments used for troubleshooting motors.
– Auxiliary contact blocks.
– Inductive loads and voltage spikes.
– Solid-state contactors.
– Microprocessor-based modular overload relay.
– Comparison of NEMA and IEC symbols and circuits.
– DIN rail mounting
– Solid-state relay issues
– Relay timing diagrams
– Multiple motor start-stop stations
– IEC reversing motor starter power and control circuit.
– HOA motor control circuit.
– E-stop motor control circuit.
– Soft starter versus variable frequency drive.
– Limit switch motor control applications.
– Diode Testing.
– Bipolar junction transistor testing.
– Field-effect transistor testing.
– SCR testing.
– Triac testing.
– Open and closed-loop control.
– Vector drives.
– Four-quadrant control.
– Fixed PLC controllers.
Electric Motors and Control Systems, Second Edition PDF
Author(s): Frank D. Petruzella
Publisher: McGraw-Hill, Year: 2016
ISBN: 0073373818 9780073373812
Download Electric Motors and Control Systems by Frank D. Petruzella PDF Free.
Related Results : electric motors and control systems,electric motors and control systems 2nd edition,electric motors and control systems 2nd edition answers,electric motors and control systems 2nd edition pdf,electric motors and control systems 3rd editionelectric motors and control systems 3rd edition pdf,
Related More Books
See More POST On : Engineering Books