Tag: materials selection in mechanical design das original mit übersetzungshilfen
Materials Selection in Mechanical Design
Understanding materials, their properties and behavior is fundamental to engineering design, and a key application of materials science. Written for all students of engineering, materials science and design, Materials Selection in Mechanical Design describes the procedures for material selection in mechanical design in order to ensure that the most suitable materials for a given application are identified from the full range of materials and section shapes available.
Features new to this edition:
- Material property charts now in full color throughout
- Significant revisions of chapters on engineering materials, processes and process selection, and selection of material and shape while retaining the book’s hallmark structure and subject content
- Fully revised chapters on hybrid materials and materials and the environment
- Appendix on data and information for engineering materials fully updated
- Revised and expanded end-of-chapter exercises and additional worked examples
Written for all students of engineering, materials science and design, this book describes the procedures for material selection in mechanical design in order to ensure that the most suitable materials for a given application are identified from the full range of materials and section shapes available. Materials are introduced through their properties; materials selection charts capture the important features of all materials, allowing rapid retrieval of information and application of selection techniques. Merit indices, combined with charts, allow optimization of the materials selection process. Sources of material property data are reviewed and approaches to their use are given. Material processing and its influence on the design are discussed. New chapters on environmental issues, industrial engineering and materials design are included, as are new worked examples. New case studies have been developed to further illustrate procedures and to add to the practical implementation of the text.
Materials Selection in Mechanical Design PDF
Author(s): Ashby, Michael F.
Publisher: Elsevier, Year: 2011