|Book Name:||Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam by Michael R. Lindeburg|
|Ebook Particulars :|
Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam 15th Version by Michael R. Lindeburg
Comprehensive Civil Engineering Coverage You Can TrustThe Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive NCEES Civil PE exam textbook. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get up to speed with common civil engineering concepts. Together, the 90 chapters provide an in-depth review of the topics, codes, and standards listed in the NCEES Civil PE exam specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries for each topic, so you’ll find what you’re looking for no matter how you search.
This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- over 550 standard civil engineering terms defined in an easy-to-use glossary
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to be invaluable throughout your civil engineering career.
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Worker Health, Safety, and Environment
- Geotechnical: Subsurface Exploration and Sampling; Engineering Properties of Soils and Materials; Soil Mechanics Analysis; Earth Structures; Shallow Foundations; Earth Retaining Structures; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Loadings; Analysis; Mechanics of Materials; Materials; Member Design; Design Criteria
- Transportation: Traffic Analysis; Geometric Design; Transportation Planning; Traffic Safety
- Water Resources and Environmental: Closed Conduit Hydraulics; Open Channel Hydraulics; Hydrology; Groundwater and Well Fields; Wastewater Treatment; Water Quality; Water Treatment; Engineering Economics
As discussed in the preface to the thirteenth version, I’m chagrined to confess that I never learned a single preface where I used to be in school. Out of the prefaces of 100 or so textbooks written by witty, intelligent, devoted, and well-known consultants, I by no means learned a single phrase. Since then, I’ve added many other books to my library, and I’ve only learned just a few of their prefaces. I have no longer written to a writer and stated, “Hey, I beloved your preface.” Nor have I ever acquired such communication about any ebook I’ve written. So, why does an ebook even want a preface? The preface often explains (a) why the writer needed to write down the ebook, (b) why the ebook turned out the manner it did, and (c) how the ebook differs from the earlier version. Whereas subsequent chapters after the preface represent an ebook’s mind, the preface constitutes an ebook’s coronary heart and soul. You mustn’t learn its preface for an ebook to have utility.
The actual “worth” is in the subsequent chapters. Nevertheless, if you would like a particular reference to the ebook, if you wish to get inside the writer’s head, if you wish to feel what you’re studying, it’s best to begin by studying its preface. New books are written for many causes, new editions much less so. Sometimes, new editions are written to switch previous editions, which have turned out to be insufficient. Though I’ve learned some that come shut, authors don’t deliberately write books to be insufficient when they’re first printed; as a substitute, their books evolve into obsolescence and inadequacy over time.
From time to time, nevertheless, the motive behind publishing a brand new version is extra advanced. For instance, generally, a wonderfully good ebook can suddenly be out of date attributable to an exterior occasion. This ebook has had many “sudden” new editions (and this fourteenth version isn’t any exception), which had been triggered by some changes to the civil PE examination.
Typical examination modifications which have required publishing a brand new version of this ebook embrace revisions to the codes and requirements on which the civil PE examination relies, in addition to modifications to the examination’s physique of data, format, administration, and emphasis on (i.e., variety of questions for) every topic. On different occasions, new editions are pushed by authors who want to add new materials or to enhance preexisting materials.
Generally, they’re pushed by a necessity to include amassed corrections. Not often, attributable to the big quantity of labor concerned, new editions are initiated when a writer modifications the strategies or know-how it makes use of for producing (typesetting, illustrating, and so forth.) its books. For instance, many years ago, PPI introduced new editions when it stopped inking illustrations with Rapidograph pens and began rendering illustrations electronically. That hardly looks like ample information as of late.
Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam PDF
Author(s): Michael R. Lindeburg
Publisher: Professional Publications, Inc., Year: 2014
Download Civil Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam 15th Version by Michael R. Lindeburg in PDf format for free.